A consumer *value* theory of innovation in 3G mobile phones: a grounded theory approach
PhD Thesis. University of Queensland Business School. Main data: 26 consumer interviews, 10 telecom analyst interviews, web documents, 3G mobile phone brochures. Methodology: Grounded theory. Research Question: How do consumers understand value in 3G mobile phones?
Abstract inc.: In this thesis, I examine how mobile phone consumers understand and experience value in 3G mobile phones, from the perspective of innovation theory.
Update: 1.12.17 Added hi-res pdf of Value Model, App 14, p.A36.
Update: 3.2.17 Added jpg of Value Model, Appendix 14, p.A36.
Update: 22.8.18 - add links
See link to visual summary of Value (inc 12 Value Dimensions) - poster at DOI: https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.1399227.v2 (link below)
v11. 12.12.18 - added confirmation document (2007; 45pp). This document outlines the plan for the research, preliminary results and literature.
- draft of confirmation presentation.(2007; 25 slides)
- full value thinking presentation (2006; 61 slides)
- outline of project for Academic Methods class (2005; 8 slides)
v12. 12.12.18 - added UQ Colloquium presentation (2008; 20 slides).
- Added link to PhD archive, at archive.org. This traces PhD activity from 2004 to 2008. Thereafter most activity is documented at the Value Management blog (valman.blogspot.com).
- added links to network diagrams of Value Literature and Value Theory of Innovation model at kumu.io (links below)
See list of consumer value types (N=80) found in smartphones at DOI: https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.1205097.v1 (link below)