I study the cellular, circuit and behavioural function of adult neurogenesis in the hippocampus in the Psychology Department at the University of British Columbia. Lab website: http://snyderlab.com/
- Snyder JS, Kee NJ, Wojtowicz JM (2001) Effects of adult neurogenesis on synaptic plasticity in the rat dentate gyrus. J. Neurophysiol. 85: 2423-2431.
- Snyder JS, Hong NS, McDonald RJ, Wojtowicz JM (2005) A role for adult neurogenesis in long-term memory. Neuroscience 130: 843-852.
- Winocur G, Wojtowicz JM, Sekeres M, Snyder JS, Wang S (2006) Inhibition of neurogenesis interferes with hippocampus-dependent memory function. Hippocampus 16: 296-304.
- Snyder JS, Choe J, Clifford M, Jeurling S, Hurley P, Brown A, Kamhi J, Cameron HA (2009) Adult-born hippocampal neurons are more numerous, faster maturing and more involved in behavior in rats than in mice. [high res] J. Neurosci. 29: 14484-14495.
- Snyder JS, Radik R, Wojtowicz JM, Cameron HA (2009) Anatomical gradients of adult neurogenesis and activity: Young neurons in the ventral dentate gyrus are activated by water maze training. Hippocampus 19: 360-370.
- Snyder JS, Glover LR, Sanzone KM, Kamhi JF, Cameron HA (2009) The effects of exercise and stress on the survival and maturation of adult-generated granule cells. Hippocampus 19: 898-906.
- Snyder JS, Ramchand P, Rabbett S, Radik R, Wojtowicz JM, Cameron HA (2011) Septo-temporal gradients of neurogenesis and activity in 13-month-old rats. Neurobiol. Aging, 32(6):1149-56.
- Snyder JS, Soumier A, Brewer M, Pickel J, Cameron HA (2011) Adult hippocampal neurogenesis buffers stress responses and depressive behaviour. Nature, 476: 458-61.
- Snyder JS, Cameron HA (2012) Could adult hippocampal neurogenesis be relevant for human behavior? Behav. Brain Res., 227: 384-90.
- Snyder JS, Clifford MA, Jeurling SI, Cameron HA (2012) Complementary activation of hippocampal-cortical subregions and immature neurons following chronic training in single and multiple context versions of the water maze. Behav. Brain Res., 227: 330–9.
- Snyder JS, Ferrante SF, Cameron HA (2012) Late Maturation of Adult-Born Neurons in the Temporal Dentate Gyrus. PLoS ONE, 7(11): e48757.
- Cummings D, Snyder JS, Brewer M, Cameron HA, Belluscio L (2014) Adult neurogenesis is necessary to refine and maintain circuit specificity. Journal of Neuroscience, 34: 13801-10.
- Snyder JS, Grigereit L, Russo A, Seib D, Brewer M, Pickel J, Cameron HA (2016) A transgenic rat for specifically inhibiting adult neurogenesis. eNeuro, DOI: 10.1523/ENEURO.0064-16.2016
- Snyder JS, Cahill SP, Frankland PW (2017) Running promotes spatial bias independently of adult neurogenesis. Hippocampus, 8:871-882
- Cahill SP, Yu RQ, Green DC, Todorova EV, Snyder JS (2017) Early survival and delayed death of developmentally-born dentate gyrus neurons. Hippocampus