Director, Research - Monash University Library (Library and Information Studies)
David Groenewegen is Director, Research at Monash University Library. He is responsible for Library client services to the science, technology, engineering and medicine disciplines at Monash University, as well as the contribution the Library makes to the University's research activity. This includes oversight and development of the institutional repository and Monash University Publishing. He is also the University's research data management strategy lead and has broad oversight of several branch libraries.
He was a foundation Director of the Australian National Data Service, where he was involved with the development and implementation of data management solutions across the Australian university sector. He has wide-ranging experience working in the areas of electronic information provision and related technology. He holds a Masters Degree in History from the University of Melbourne, and a Graduate Diploma in Information Management from RMIT University.
- Treloar, A., Groenewegen, D. and Harboe-Ree, C. (2007) “The Data Curation Continuum: managing data objects in institutional repositories”, Dlib, September/October. http://doi.org/10.1045/september2007-treloar
- Androulakis, S., Buckle, A.M., Atkinson, I., Groenewegen, D., Nicholas, N., Treloar, A., Beitz, A., (2009) “ARCHER – e-Research Tools for Research Data Management”, The International Journal of Digital Curation, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 22-33. https://doi.org/10.2218/ijdc.v4i1.75
- Androulakis, S., et al. (2008) "Federated repositories of X-ray diffraction images" Acta Cryst. D64, pp. 810-814. http://doi.org/10.1107/S0907444908015540
- Beitz, A., et al. (2013) “Case Study 3: Monash University, a Strategic Approach” in Delivering research data management services : fundamentals of good practice, Facet, UK
- For full list of publications see: https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=lUr9owMAAAAJ&hl=en&cstart=0&pagesize=20
Co-workers & collaborators
Director of Technology - Melbourne, Australia
Research Infrastructure Manager, Monash University Library - Melbourne, Australia
Stem Cell Biologist, Open Scientist - London
Research Repository Librarian - Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Research Infrastructure Librarian (Monash University) - Melbourne, Australia