San Antonio, TX
- 2013 Sparks PJ, Sparks CS and Campbell J Poverty segregation in nonmetro counties: A spatial exploration of segregation patterns in the US. Spatial Demography. 1:2 pp162-177. Link
- 2013 Sparks CS, Wood JW and Johnson PL Infant mortality and intra-household competition in the northern islands of Orkney, Scotland, 1855-2001. American Journal of Physical Anthropology. 151:2 pp 1191-201 DOI: 10.1002/ajpa.22264
- 2013 Sparks CS Spatial Analysis in R: Part 1 Getting data from the ACS into R and Exploratory Spatial Data Analysis. Spatial Demography 1:1 pp 131-139. Link
- 2013 Colon-Lugo H and Sparks CS A Study of County Child Poverty Rates in Puerto Rico: Does Space Matter? Spatial Demography 1:1 pp. 96-110. Link
- 2013 Sparks PJ, Sparks CS and Campbell, J An application of Bayesian spatial statistical methods to the study of poverty segregation and infant mortality rates in the United States. GeoJournal. 78:2 pp. 389-405. DOI 10.1007/s10708-011-9445-3
- 2013 Van Malderen C, Ogali I, Khasakhala A, Muchiri SN, Sparks CS, Van Oyen H and Speybroeck N Decomposing Kenyan socio-economic inequalities in skilled birth attendance and measles immunization. International Journal for Equity in Health. Link
- 2012 Campbell J and Sparks CS County-level poverty estimates for the contiguous United States, 2001, 2005. Journal of Maps 8:4 pp 334-339. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/17445647.2012.751061
- 2012 Sparks PJ and Sparks CS Socioeconomic Position, Rural Residence, and Marginality Differences in Obesity Status in the Adult Mexican Population. International Journal of Population Research. ArticleID 757538 Link
- 2011 Sparks CS Violent crime in San Antonio, Texas: An application of spatial epidemiological methods. Spatial and Spatio-temporal Epidemiology. doi:10.1016/j.sste.2011.10.001
- 2011 Sparks CS Parental investment and socioeconomic status influences on children's height in Honduras: An analysis of national data. American Journal of Human Biology 23(1) 80-88.
- 2010 Sparks PJ and Sparks CS An application of spatially autoregressive models to the study of US county mortality rates. Population Space and Place 16(6): 465-481.
- 2009 Cline ME, Sparks CS and Eschbach KE Understanding carpool use among Hispanics in Texas. Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2118, pp. 39-46.
- 2009 Sparks CS An application of the variable-r method to subpopulation growth rates in a 19th century agricultural population. Demographic Research 21: 23-63.
- 2009 Beckerman S, Erickson P, Yost J, Regalado J, Sparks CS, Jaramillo L, Iromenga M, Long K, and Diaz R Life histories, blood revenge and reproductive success among the Waorani of Ecuador. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States. 106(20): 8134-8139.
- 2003 Logan MH, Sparks CS, and Jantz RL Cranial Modification among 19th Century Osages: Admixture and Loss of an Ethnic Marker. Plains Anthropologist 48 (187): 209-224
- 2003 Sparks CS and Jantz RL Changing times, changing faces: Franz Boas’ Immigrant study in modern perspective. American Anthropologist 105 (2): 333-337.
- 2002 Sparks CS and Jantz RL A Reassessment of Human Cranial Plasticity: Boas Revisited. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA, 99 (23): 14636-14639.