Altmetric was founded by Euan Adie in 2011 and our users now include some of the world’s leading journals, funders and institutions. We remain a relatively small company and take pride in our strong focus on engineering and domain knowledge.
We think that…
- Authors should be able to see the attention that their research is receiving in real-time, and what people are saying about their work.
- Publishers should be able to show authors, readers and their own internal teams the conversations surrounding their content.
- Editors should be able to quickly identify commentary where a response is required.
- Scholars should be able to see which recent research their peers think is interesting.
- Funders should be able to understand how they work they have funded is being disseminated and received amongst a broader audience.