Lecturer/Researcher (Geophysics not elsewhere classified)
University of Coimbra
- Assessing the significance of QG-flow modes computed using Principal Component Analysis BIBCODE: 2013EGUGA..15.9865P
- Differences between tangential geostrophy and columnar flow DOI: 10.1093/gji/ggt077
- Homogenization of the historical records of geomagnetic field components and geomagnetic K-index of the Magnetic Observatory of Coimbra BIBCODE: 2013EGUGA..15.8242M
- Temporal Evolution of Sunspot Areas and Estimation of Related Plasma Flows DOI: 10.1007/s11207-013-0440-3
- Variation rate of sunspot area ARXIV: arXiv:1211.6870
- Growth and decay of ARs: Sunspot areas with Fuzzy Sets + SDO ISBN: 978-80-85221-74-9
- On symmetry and anisotropy of Earth-core flows DOI: 10.1029/2011GL046888
- Geomagnetic jerks: Rapid core field variations and core dynamics DOI: 10.1007/s11214-010-9663-x
- Short timescale core dynamics: Theory and observations DOI: 10.1007/s11214-010-9691-6
- Ensemble inversion of time-dependent core flow models DOI: 10.1029/2008GC002290
- Mars environment and magnetic orbiter model payload DOI: 10.1007/s10686-008-9101-1
- Mars environment and magnetic orbiter scientific and measurement objectives DOI: 10.1089/ast.2007.0222
- A grand circumpolar quasigeostrophic westward current within the Earth’s core? OTHER_ID: 1607-7962/gra/EGU2008-A-05707
- Assimilation of geomagnetic observations: Foundations and challenges OTHER_ID: SRef-ID: 1607-7962/gra/EGU2008-A-05292
- Quasi-geostrophic flows responsible for the secular variation of the Earth's magnetic field DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-246X.2008.03741.x
- The long lived Martian Geoscience Observatory ISSN: 1609-042X, 2005
- Nonuniqueness of inverted core-mantle boundary flows and deviations from tangential geostrophy DOI: 10.1029/2004JB003012
- On the non-uniqueness of main geomagnetic field determined by surface intensity measurements: The Backus problem DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-246X.2004.02413.x
- Surface gravitational field and topography changes induced by the Earth's fluid core motions DOI: 10.1007/s00190-004-0418-x
- The core and fluctuations in the Earth's rotation DOI: 10.1029/GD031p0251
- Precession-induced flows in liquid-filled containers and in the earth's core DOI: 10.1046/j.1365-246X.2001.01367.x
- Length of day decade variations, torsional oscillations and inner core superrotation: Evidence from recovered core surface zonal flows DOI: 10.1016/S0031-9201(99)00161-2
- Reply to ‘‘Comment on ‘Time evolution of the fluid flow at the top of the core. Geomagnetic jerks’ by M. Le Huy, M. Mandea, J.-L. Le Mouël and A. Pais’’. Earth Planets Space 52, 651–653, 2000
- Time evolution of the fluid flow at the top of the core. Geomagnetic jerks, ISSN:1343-8832, 2000.
- Late Precambrian paradoxical glaciation and obliquity of the Earth - a discussion of dynamical constraints DOI: 10.1016/S0012-821X(99)00249-6
- Calculation of detailed component maps combining SCHA and digital filtering ISSN: 13438832, 1997.
- Secular Variation in Coimbra (Portugal) since 1866 ISSN: 0022-1392, 1995.
- Geomagnetic Jerks: Rapid Core Field Variations and Core Dynamics DOI 10.1007/s11214-010-9663-x, 2010.
- Mars Environment and Magnetic Orbiter Science and Measurement Objectives DOI 10.1089/AST.2007.022, 2009.
- Mars Environment and Magnetic Orbiter model payload DOI 10.1007/s10686-008-9101-1, 2009.