Course Syllabus: Engineering Computations (MAE 2117)
online resourceposted on 16.12.2017, 23:51 by Lorena A. BarbaLorena A. Barba
Course syllabus for the new course in "Engineering Computations" (MAE 2117) at the George Washington University.
Created: Fall 2017.
Level: engineering students in year 2.
This course aims to create a foundation in computational thinking for engineers and to develop confidence in using coding to learn within diverse technical contexts.
Students will ...
1. recognize the value of “coding to learn” in data-based and technical subjects;
2. apply numerical problem-solving with well-designed, correct computer programs;
3. appreciate the approximations needed to numerically tackle problems modeled by differential equations, solve linear systems, analyze data;
4. get acquainted with the scientific-computing tools offered by the Python ecosystem and the principles of open-source software development;
5. gain experience documenting the fruits of their study.