COCI CSV dataset of all the citation data
datasetposted on 29.07.2021, 21:14 authored by OpenCitations OpenCitations
This dataset contains all the citation data (in CSV format) included in COCI, released on 29 July 2021. In particular, each line of the CSV file defines a citation, and includes the following information:
- [field "oci"] the Open Citation Identifier (OCI) for the citation;
- [field "citing"] the DOI of the citing entity;
- [field "cited"] the DOI of the cited entity;
- [field "creation"] the creation date of the citation (i.e. the publication date of the citing entity);
- [field "timespan"] the time span of the citation (i.e. the interval between the publication date of the cited entity and the publication date of the citing entity);
- [field "journal_sc"] it records whether the citation is a journal self-citations (i.e. the citing and the cited entities are published in the same journal);
- [field "author_sc"] it records whether the citation is an author self-citation (i.e. the citing and the cited entities have at least one author in common).
This version of the dataset contains:
- 1,094,394,688 citations;
- 65,835,422 bibliographic resources.
The size of the zipped archive is 27 GB, while the size of the unzipped CSV file is 178.6 GB.
Additional information about COCI can be retrieved in the official webpage.