Doctoral researcher at Birkbeck, University of London studying the politics of open access. Previously worked as a Research Analyst at Jisc and obtained an MA Information Studies from the University of Brighton. Research interests include scholarly communication, open access, library publishing, Wikipedia, and the politics of openness.
- Lawson, S. 2017. Access, ethics, and piracy. Insights, 30(1) [forthcoming]. Preprint at: https://osf.io/preprints/socarxiv/k483r/
- Lawson, S. 2016. Report on offset agreements: evaluating current Jisc Collections deals. Year 1 – evaluating 2015 deals. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.4047777.v1
- Lawson, S., Gray, J., and Mauri, M. 2016. Opening the black box of scholarly communication funding: A public data infrastructure for financial flows in academic publishing. Open Library of Humanities, 2(1). DOI: http://doi.org/10.16995/olh.72
- Lawson, S. 2015. Article processing charges paid by 25 UK universities in 2014. Journal of Open Humanities Data, 1. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5334/johd.2
- Lawson, S. 2015. Fee waivers for open access journals. Publications, 3(3). DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/publications3030155
- Lawson, S., Sanders, K. and Smith, L. 2015. Commodification of the information profession: A critique of Higher Education under neoliberalism. Journal of Librarianship and Scholarly Communication, 3(1). DOI: 10.7710/2162-3309.1182
- Lawson, S. 2015. ‘Total cost of ownership’ of scholarly communication: managing subscription and APC payments together. Learned Publishing, 28(1), pp.9-13. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1087/20140103
- Lawson, S. and Meghreblian, B. 2014. Journal subscription expenditure of UK higher education institutions [v3; ref status: indexed, http://f1000r.es/4v0] F1000Research 2014, 3:274. DOI: 10.12688/f1000research.5706.3
- Lawson, S. 2013. Library publishing services: An investigation into open access publishing in academic libraries. MA Dissertation. University of Brighton. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.805214.