- Hough-Snee, N., B.B. Roper, J.M. Wheaton and R.L. Lokteff. 2014. Riparian vegetation communities of the American Pacific Northwest are tied to multi-scale environmental filters. River Research and Applications: 1-15. DOI: 10.1002/rra.2815
- Hough-Snee, N., L.L. Nackley, S-H. Kim and K. Ewing. 2014. Life history strategies explain plant performance under environmental stress: the effects of flooding and fertilization on the growth and allocation of two wetland sedges. Aquatic Botany: In Press. DOI: 10.1016/j.aquabot.2014.03.001
- Hough-Snee, N. and Pond, R.L. 2014. Amending impaired soils increases seedling growth but reduces seedling survival at a retired gravel mine. Ecological Restoration 32(3): 231-235
- Hough-Snee, N., A. Kasprak, B.B. Roper and C.S. Meredith. 2014. Direct and indirect drivers of instream wood in the interior Pacific Northwest, USA: decoupling climate, vegetation, disturbance, and geomorphic setting. Riparian Ecology and Conservation 2: 14-34. DOI: 10.2478/remc-2014-0002
- Hough-Snee, N., B.B. Roper, J.M. Wheaton, P. Budy and R.L. Lokteff. 2013. Riparian vegetation communities change rapidly following passive restoration at a northern Utah stream. Ecological Engineering 58: 371-377. DOI: 10.1016/j.ecoleng.2013.07.042
- Archer, E.K., N. Hough-Snee*, A. Van Wagenen, R. Lokteff, B.B. Roper. 2012. The PACFISH/INFISH Biological Opinion (PIBO) Effectiveness Monitoring Program and Invasive Plant Species Detection: A Retrospective Summary 2003-2011. USDA Forest Service, Logan, UT. 26pp.
- Hough-Snee, N., A.L. Long and R. Pond. 2012. Passive soil manipulation influences the successional trajectories of forest communities at a denuded former campsite. Ecological Restoration 30(1): 9-12.
- Hough-Snee, N. and D.D. Cooper. 2011. The effect of perigynia removal on the germination of awl-fruit sedge, Carex stipata Muhl. Ex Willd (Cyperaceae). Native Plants Journal 12(1): 41-43.
- Hough-Snee, N., J.D. Bakker and K. Ewing. 2011. The long-term effects of initial site treatment on fescue abundance in a novel grassland. Ecological Restoration 29(1-2): 14-17.
- Hough-Snee, N., A.L. Long, L. Jeroue and K. Ewing. 2011. Mounding alters environmental filters that drive plant community development in a novel grassland. Ecological Engineering 37(11): 1932-1936.
- Hough-Snee, N., R. Pond and J.W. Jacobson. 2010. The Snohomish County Big Trees Project: watershed scale riparian restoration in the Stillaguamish Watershed, Washington State, USA. Ecological Restoration: 28(3): 243-245.
- Howell, J. and N. Hough-Snee. 2009. Learning from a landfill: ecological restoration and education at Seattle’s Union Bay Natural Area. SERNews: The Newsletter of the Society for Ecological Restoration International 23(2): 4-5.