I am the Research Data Manager at Loughborough University. I have PhD in Maritime History from the University of Exeter. I am interested in open research. I also conduct research on the British State in the long Eighteenth Century and am currently working on the roles and careers of clerks and other administrative staff in the Office of Ordnance.
- Cole, G., "Establishing a Research Data Management Service at Loughborough University", International Journal of Digital Curation (2016) 11:1, pp. 68-75
- Cole, G., Arming the Royal Navy, 1793–1815 The Office of Ordnance and the State (Pickering and Chatto, 2012)
- Cole, G., "Who has Command? the Royal Artillerymen aboard Royal Navy Warships in the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars" in Doe, H. and Harding, R. (eds) Naval Leadership and Management, 1650-1950 (Boydell and Brewer, 2010)
- Cole, G.J., "Gunpowder manufacturers and the Office of Ordnance, 1793-1815" in Gestrich, A. and Schulte Beerbühl, M. (eds). Cosmopolitan Networks in Commerce and Society (London: German Historical Institute London, 2011) pp.293-314
- Cole, G.J., Royal Navy gunners in the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars. Mariner's Mirror (2009) 95 (3), pp. 284-295.