5106526_thesis_template_with_memoir1.pdf (7.03 MB)
Download file

Aspects of particle cosmology with an emphasis on baryogenesis

Download (7.03 MB)
posted on 14.06.2017, 07:10 authored by GRAHAM ALBERT WHITE
The Universe is made up of 5% visible matter with the other 95% made up of dark energy and dark matter. Therefore from a particle physics point of view we understand a mere 5% of the Universe. Since we do not Understand the origin of the matter-antimatter asymmetry in the visible sector it can be said that from a cosmological point of view we understand precisely 0% of the content of the Universe. As such dialogue between particle physics and cosmology is expected to yield new insights in both fields. I explore this connection with a focus on the origin of the matter-antimatter asymmetry.


Campus location


Principal supervisor

Csaba Balazs

Year of Award


Department, School or Centre

Physics and Astronomy


Doctor of Philosophy

Degree Type



Faculty of Science