Single Molecule Localization Microscopy Principles Lecture
presentationposted on 09.03.2020, 10:51 by Siân Culley
I produced these slides for the Institut Pasteur Applications of Fluorescence Microscopy course in March 2020. They take about 90 minutes to present (including an excursion into a live demo of ThunderSTORM on the simulated dataset included with the presentation - Cy5 in MEA.tif).
Formatting might look strange in preview, but should be okay if you download the .pptx file. Apologies for the large size, there are movies and large gif animation in some slides.
Topics covered include:
- Basic principles of Single Molecule Localization Microscopy
- Fluorophores and sample preparation for SMLM
- Hardware for SMLM imaging
- Software, analysis and data reporting
- Problems in SMLM ('SMLM baddies')