Open Science Training Initiative (OSTI) - Post Pilot Report
online resourceposted on 2019-11-30, 07:59 authored by Sophie KershawSophie Kershaw
The 2013 report from the pilot scheme of the Open Science Training Initiative (OSTI), a teaching pattern with course materials designed to foster reproducible research and train young graduates in open science practice through first-hand experience.
This report provides a full description of how the inaugural pilot was run, alongside an analysis of the feedback from course tutors, programme directors and students. It also includes a description of the Rotation Based Learning method which OSTI implements.
2012 Panton Fellowship from the Open Knowledge Foundation (OKFN)
- Bioinformatics and computational biology not elsewhere classified
- Applications in life sciences
- Coding, information theory and compression
- Theory of computation not elsewhere classified
- Image processing
- Numerical computation and mathematical software
- Software engineering not elsewhere classified
- Organisation of information and knowledge resources
- Information modelling, management and ontologies
- Modelling and simulation
open scienceinterdisciplinary sciencerotation based learningopen dataopen knowledgeeducationscience educationreproducibilityreplicabilityPantonPanton FellowshipOSTIOpen Science Training InitiativeBioinformatics SoftwareCoding and Information TheoryComputation Theory and MathematicsImage ProcessingMathematical SoftwareNumerical ComputationOpen SoftwareOrganisation of Information and Knowledge ResourcesRecords and Information Management (excl. Business Records and Information Management)Simulation and Modelling