Odds ratio and 95% confidence interval of being overweight (BMI≥25 kg/m2) as a young-adult (age 20–29 years) according to percentile of the WHO infant growth standards: Infants ≥85th percentile vs. <85th percentile.
datasetposted on 2013-06-20, 01:49 authored by Andrew O. Odegaard, Audrey C. Choh, Ramzi W. Nahhas, Bradford Towne, Stefan A. Czerwinski, Ellen W. Demerath
-Overall N = 422, 101 overweight young adults (BMI≥25 kg/m2).
- OR (95% CI) represents estimate for ≥85th percentile by target age compared to <85th percentile by target age (OR = 1.00).
- aNovwt/ N85th = Number who became overweight as young adults in the group who were ≥85th% at the target age.
- Model 1: 1OR (95% CI) = Adjusted for sex, gestational age at birth, age at adulthood obesity assessment, birth year,
- Model 2: 2OR (95% CI) = Model 1 further adjusted for birth WHO weight-for-age or weight-for-length Z-score.
- Model 3: 3OR (95% CI) = Model 2 plus maternal and paternal age and BMI.