Supplement 1. Data on basal metabolic rate (BMR) with experimental animal body mass, field metabolic rate (FMR) with wild animal body mass, and sources of the data.
The data.txt file is a tab-separated file. It contains the raw data on metabolic rates, body mass, and citations.
- Species (with updated to recent common name)
- Basal metabolic rate (BMR) in ml O2/hour
- Body mass for BMR (gr)
- Reference for BMR with body mass data
- Field metabolic rate (FMR) in KJ/day
- Body mass for FMR (gr)
- Reference for FMR with body mass data
Missing values are represented as “-9999”.
Checksum values are:
Column 4 (Basal metabolic rate - BMR): SUM=522759.3362; 43 missing values (rows with data: 580)
Column 5 (Body mass for BMR): SUM=2071364.705; 43 missing values (rows with data: 580)
Column 7 (Field metabolic rate - FMR): SUM=502471.55; 504 missing values (rows with data: 119)
Column 8 (Body mass for FMR): SUM=1243228.74, 504 missing values (rows with data: 119)