SAFIRE borehole, AWS and GPS datasets
datasetposted on 2018-01-29, 13:41 authored by Samuel DoyleSamuel Doyle, Bryn HubbardBryn Hubbard, Poul Christoffersen, Tun Jan YoungTun Jan Young, Coen Hofstede, Marion Bougamont, Jason Box, Alun Hubbard
Datasets from the Subglacial Access and Fast Ice Research Experiment (SAFIRE) as published in the paper by Doyle et al. entitled "Physical conditions of fast glacier flow: 1. Measurements from boreholes drilled to the bed of Store Glacier, West Greenland". Please cite this paper if using this data. Citation below.
Doyle, S.H., Hubbard, B., Christoffersen, P., Young, T. J., Hofstede, C., Bougamont, M., Box, J. E. & Hubbard, A. 2018. Physical conditions of fast glacier flow: 1. Measurements from boreholes drilled to the bed of Store Glacier, West Greenland, Journal of Geophysical Research: Earth Surface, DOI: 10.1002/2017JF004529.
Field site: 30 km from the terminus of Store Glacier in West Greenland (N70° 31' W049° 55', 982 m asl).
1. 2014_aws_timeseries.csv: Hourly time series of near surface air temperature, relative humidity and surface height made by an automated weather station (28 July 2014 to 21 October 2014).
2. 2016_aws_series.csv: As per dataset (1) for 2016 (12 July 2016 to 23 July 2016).
3. 2014_melt_timeseries.csv: Daily melt timeseries derived from the AWS measurements of surface height change for 2014 (29 July 2014 to 21 October 2014).
4. 2016_melt_timeseries.csv: As per dataset (3) for 2016 (12 July 2016 to 23 July 2016).
5. 2014_GPS_timeseries.csv: Timeseries of GPS surface height and velocity at a 30 second interval (3 August 2014 to 9 September 2014).
6. 2016_GPS_timeseries.csv: As per dataset (5) for 2016 (12 July 2016 to 22 July 2016).
7. 2014_thermistor_profile.csv: Ice temperature profile.
8. 2014_thermistor_timeseries.csv: Temperature time series from the thermistor string (27 July 2014 to 16 October 2014).
9. 2014_tilt_timeseries.csv: Timeseries from the tilt sensor string (27 July 2014 to 29 September 2014).
10. 2014_multiprobe_timeseries.csv: Timeseries of electrical conductivity, temperature, and pressure from the multi-sensor units (M1 and M2) installed in 2014 (28 July 2014 to 18 October 2014).
11. 2016_multiprobe_timeseries.csv: Time series of electrical conductivity, pressure and turbidity from the multi-sensor unit (M3) installed in 2016 (8 July 2016 to 22 July 2016).
12. 2014_drill_load_record_14b: Time series of load on the drill tower during the drilling of borehole 14b.
13. 2014_drill_load_record_14c: As per dataset (12) for the drilling of borehole 14c.
14. 2014_drill_load_record_14d: As per dataset (12) for the drilling of borehole 14d.
15. 2016_drill_load_record_16a: As per dataset (12) for the drilling of borehole 16a.
16. 2016_drill_load_record_16c: As per dataset (12) for the drilling of borehole 16c.
17. 2016_drill_full_record_16a: Timeseries of drill depth, load and speed for the drilling of borehole 16a.
18. 2016_drill_full_record_16c: As per dataset (17) for the drilling of borehole 16c.
Please also see the companion paper by Hofstede et al.:
Hofstede, C., Christoffersen, P., Hubbard, B., Doyle, S.H., Young, T.J., Diez, A., Eisen, O. & Hubbard, A. Physical conditions of fast glacier flow: 2. Variable extent of anisotropic ice and soft basal sediment from seismic reflection data acquired on Store Glacier, West Greenland, Journal of Geophysical Research: Earth Surface,