Québec Quantité d’unités d’émission versées en allocation gratuite
datasetposted on 05.08.2019 by Mason Inman
Datasets usually provide raw data for analysis. This raw data often comes in spreadsheet form, but can be any collection of data, on which analysis can be performed.
Periodic reports from Quebec's Ministère de l’Environnement et de la Lutte contre les Changements Climatiques (MELCC) stating quantities of allowances distributed without charge to industrial emitters.
For each emission year, subsequent reports state the total quantity of allowances distributed. The initial allocations, in January of each year, are 75% of the estimated total allocation for that same year. The major revision to the allocations occurs in September of the following year, in which the remaining 25% of the (revised) estimated total allocation is distributed. There have been further revisions to each allocation, some positive and some negative (meaning that emitters had to return allowances to regulators).