Diversity and distribution of haptophytes reavealed by environmental sequencing - a review. Perspectives in Phycology. Supplementary material.
7. Fig. S1. Maximum-likelihood tree (RAxML v. 8.026, GTRCAT) based on 971 haptophyte 18S rRNA gene sequences from Table S1, 451 are from cultured strains and 520 from environmental clone libraries. Bootstrap values are marked at the nodes. The colours indicate taxonomic groups.
8. Table S1. Haptophyte 18S rRNA gene sequence reference database including 971 sequences, 451 from cultures and 520 from environmental clone libraries. See File S1 for description of its construction. Chimeras (32) identified by uchime in mothur and by manual blast are listed on sheet 2.
9. Table S2. Information on selected, commonly used PCR primers for environmental sequencing and metabarcoding of haptophytes.
10. File S1. Description of the construction of the Haptophyte 18S rRNA gene reference sequence database, alignment and final RAxML phylogenetic tree.
11. File S2. Fasta file with accession numbers and 18S rRNA gene sequence of 971 reference sequences for taxonomic assignment in mothur or Qiime.
12. File S3. Taxonomy file with systematic placement of 971 haptophyte reference sequences for taxonomic assignment in mothur or Qiime.
13. File S4. Curated haptophyte 18S rRNA gene alignment for Figs 2 and S1.