data.nt.zip (21.45 GB)
COCI N-Triples dataset of all the citation data
datasetposted on 2018-11-19, 13:21 authored by OpenCitations OpenCitations
This dataset contains all the citation data (in N-Triples format) included in COCI, released on the 12th of November 2018. In particular, any citation in the dataset, defined as an individual of the class cito:Citation, includes the following information:
- [citation IRI] the Open Citation Identifier (OCI) for the citation, defined in the final part of the URL identifying the citation (https://w3id.org/oc/index/coci/ci/[OCI]);
- [property "cito:hasCitingEntity"] the citing entity identified by its DOI URL (http://dx.doi.org/[DOI]);
- [property "cito:hasCitedEntity"] the cited entity identified by its DOI URL (http://dx.doi.org/[DOI]);
- [property "cito:hasCitationCreationDate"] the creation date of the citation (i.e. the publication date of the citing entity);
- [property "cito:hasCitationTimeSpan"] the time span of the citation (i.e. the interval between the publication date of the cited entity and the publication date of the citing entity);
- [type "cito:JournalSelfCitation"] it records whether the citation is a journal self-citations (i.e. the citing and the cited entities are published in the same journal);
- [type "cito:AuthorSelfCitation"] it records whether the citation is an author self-citation (i.e. the citing and the cited entities have at least one author in common).
This version of the dataset contains:
- 445,826,118 citations;
- 46,534,705 bibliographic resources.
The size of the zipped archive is 22 GB, while the size of the unzipped N-Triples file is 481 GB.
Additional information about COCI can be retrieved in the official webpage and in the introductory blog post in the OpenCitations blog.