COCI CSV dataset of all the citation data
datasetposted on 07.09.2020, 08:22 by OpenCitations
This dataset contains all the citation data (in CSV format) included in COCI, released on 6 September 2020. In particular, each line of the CSV file defines a citation, and includes the following information:
- [field "oci"] the Open Citation Identifier (OCI) for the citation;
- [field "citing"] the DOI of the citing entity;
- [field "cited"] the DOI of the cited entity;
- [field "creation"] the creation date of the citation (i.e. the publication date of the citing entity);
- [field "timespan"] the time span of the citation (i.e. the interval between the publication date of the cited entity and the publication date of the citing entity);
- [field "journal_sc"] it records whether the citation is a journal self-citations (i.e. the citing and the cited entities are published in the same journal);
- [field "author_sc"] it records whether the citation is an author self-citation (i.e. the citing and the cited entities have at least one author in common).
This version of the dataset contains:
- 733,367,140 citations;
- 59,455,917 bibliographic resources.
The size of the zipped archive is 17.7 GB, while the size of the unzipped CSV file is 118.4 GB.
Additional information about COCI can be retrieved in the official webpage.