Submission in response to the Tasmanian Government Department of Justice - Family Violence: Strengthening our Legal Responses Consultation Paper
The Tasmanian Department of Justice Review of legal responses to family violence represents an important opportunity to strengthen the law’s response in this area and to explore opportunities to improve prevention, policy and criminal justice intervention.
Our submission is structured into five sections:
1. Monash Gender and Family Violence Research Program Overview
2. Breaches of protection orders by protected persons
3. Definition of ‘family relationship’
4. Law of self-defence in the context of family violence
5. Consequences of a persistent perpetrator of family violence declaration
Relevant recommendations are included throughout and a summary of recommendations and a list of relevant references are included at the conclusion of the submission.