GridKit extract of ENTSO-E interactive map
Datasets usually provide raw data for analysis. This raw data often comes in spreadsheet form, but can be any collection of data, on which analysis can be performed.
This dataset was generated based on a map extract from May 11, 2016. This is an unofficial extract of the ENTSO-E interactive map of the European power system (including to a limited extent North Africa and the Middle East). The dataset has been processed by GridKit to form complete topological connections. This dataset is neither approved nor endorsed by ENTSO-E.
This dataset may be inaccurate in several ways, notably:
- Geographical coordinates are transfered from the ENTSO-E map, which is known to choose topological clarity over geographical accuracy. Hence coordinates will not correspond exactly to reality.
- Voltage levels are typically provided as ranges by ENTSO-E, of which the lower bound has been reported in this dataset. Not all lines - especially DC lines - contain voltage information.
- Line structure conflicts are resolved by picking the first structure in the set
- Transformers are not present in the original ENTSO-E dataset, there presence has been derived from the different voltages from connected lines.
- The connection between generators and busses is derived as the geographically nearest station at the lowest voltage level. This information is again not present in the ENTSO-E dataset.
All users are advised to exercise caution in the use of this dataset. No liability is taken for inaccuracies.