GRID release 2017-05-22
datasetposted on 23.05.2017 by Data-science Digital-science, Digital Science
Datasets usually provide raw data for analysis. This raw data often comes in spreadsheet form, but can be any collection of data, on which analysis can be performed.
A database of over 74,000 research institutes with persistent identifiers.
New institutes added from:
- Grant data from the USA and Canada
- Worldwide data from other sources
- Addition of missing geographical information (lat/long)
- Resolved duplicate institutes
- Data and relationship review of US DOD and sub-agencies
Note: the geonames information is from geonames.org and licensed as CC-BY 3.0.