figshare integrates as a launch partner with ORCID
Today see’s the release and subsequent integration with figshare, of ORCID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID), where researchers can distinguish themselves by creating a unique personal identifier.
Accurate identification of researchers and their work is growing in importance as researchers look to get credit for all of their research and track their ever-growing volume and diversity of academic outputs.
Other researcher identifier systems are currently in use serving specific populations or types of research work. ORCID does not compete with these systems, but rather provides a switchboard for crosslinking. Elsevier’s Scopus system and Thomson Reuters’ ResearcherID® will both link to ORCID and allow users to synchronize their publication information between the two systems.
“ORCID addresses a problem shared by individuals and organizations across the research community: reliably connecting research with researchers,” said Laure Haak, Executive Director of the non-profit ORCID organization. “But ORCID is more than a Registry, it is a community effort to embed these identifiers in research workflows.”
figshare is in good company with the following launch partners all implementing the service as of today:
• American Physical Society
• Aries Systems
• Boston University
• California Institute of Technology
• Faculty of 1000
• Hindawi Publishing Corporation
• KNODE, Inc.
• Nature Publishing Group
• Thomson Reuters
• Wellcome Trust
figshare will be using ORCID in several ways. As of today, you can link your figshare account to your ORCID id. This enables us to populate your profile with your research publications and push your figshare publically available research outputs to ORCID, should you wish. This functionality will be rolling out in the coming weeks.
You must be logged in to post comments.
- Taylor & Francis becomes the latest ...
- Rising above your peers - Having mor ...
- Love your data - Practise #safescien ...
- How to become an organised academic
- PIs - What happens to your gradstude ...
- Upgrade to figshare premium and get ...
- Detailed step-by-step instructions f ...
- Research data management and collabo ...
- Open [access, data, source]: science ...
- Figshare and an open access dinosaur